Friday, December 21, 2012

Best of 2012: Part 1 - Best Series and Novellas

The Best of 2012.....Before The World Ends

Since I did a post about my thoughts on making a "Best Books of 2012", I figured I would do one. To make this post as short as possible (and because I couldn't choose) I will release two. One which has my favorite series and novellas, and then my overall favorite books of 2012. These are just books I've read in 2012, not that were released in 2012. (Special thanks to Shelly Crane for the inspiration)

Here are my favorite Series and Novellas of 2012

Series:


3. The Divergent Series by Veronica Roth




I read this book after my step-mom Emily recommended it to me. I was immediately fascinated with the world Mrs. Roth had created. The characters and story line were superb, and the world had me glued to my Nook to the last page. The romance was fast and steamy, but still kept a sincere feel to it. I'm still mad that's unfinished, but the conclusion to this series should come out (hopefully) by mid 2013.


2. The Iron Fey by Julie Kagawa







I haven't read very many fantasy books, but I think this one would still be my favorite! Julie Kagawa has taken her own spin on the world of the Fey, while still making the plot easy to relate to for teens. The character has to cope with bullying in the real life, as well as in the the Fey world and falls in love like a super nova. Falls in love, being pushed away, then eventually coming back together again. Action packed and; well, magical The Iron fey Series is a must read.


1. The Significance Series by Shelly Crane


    


If you know me at all you know that this series would be numero uno on the list. The story is a bit mushy and gushy for what I normally read, but I was drawn to it as a moth to a flame (except I won't die). This series is my all time favorite (for 14 years of reading anyway). The characters a so heartfelt and real that I had no choice to be enraptured by the story. For example, there was about ten minutes between me finishing Accordance and starting Defiance, and it was 11 pm. Anyway, the romance was amazing, and the themes in the books were astoundingly subtle but still prominent enough to pick up. Defiantly deserves best series!

Links:

Check out Veronica Roth and her books here.

Pay a visit to Julie Kagawa and her creations here.

Explore the lovely Shelly Crane's books here.


Novellas: 


3. Iron's Prophecy by Julie Kagawa


This book is the novella that REALLY concludes the Iron Fey Series. I loved this because I swooned my way through it, and at the end it has a few really good themes that usually took the back burner throughout the other books.

2. Free Four by Veronica Roth


This is a chapter from Divergent, but in Four's perspective. It really gave the reader insight on Four's thoughts in his first real encounter with Tris. It's really awesome and really.....I don't know, just awesome.

1. Elixir by Jennifer L Armentrout


This novella is a section of time that (I think) will be appearing in Apollyon, the next book in the Covenenat series.  It gave me hope for team Aiden (one of the reasons I hated the second book in the series? Freaking horrible love triangle.) because Alex followed her heart and not her hormones in the 3rd book, and it was then taken away at the end. In Elixir though, there are some things that gave me hope for them (I hate Seth). And besides, who wouldn't LOVE that cover?

Links:

View Iron's Prophecy here.

Check out Free Four here.

Have hope in Elixir here.







No comments:

Post a Comment