Saturday, December 15, 2012

Review: Collide (Collide #1) by Shelly Crane

Collide (Collide #1) by Shelly Crane


"Sherry has always known there was something out there. She's eighteen, 
works for a tabloid newspaper in Chicago and has a brother, 
Danny who is a lazy mooch. 
They live a pretty normal dull life with hippie 
parents and a normal existence. 
Then the moon dissapears and people start to go
 missing only to reappear later, but different. 
Sherry has an abusive ex-boyfriend who shows up 
and claims to be one of these beings that have been 
showing up around the world. He's no longer the same 
person in that body. He tells her he has come to 
protect her and her brother and takes her underground, 
against her will to save her, where they meet others like them. She begins to unravel the truth about Merrick, about what he's really doing here, about the way he looks at her, about the crazy dangerous world they live in. Can he convince her that he's here to help? Will she like what she finds when she opens up to the truth? Will he be the one to love her when everyone else has failed her? Will he be able to protect her?"

Thoughts:

Well, where do I start......
I was so excited to order my signed copy of Collide after reading Significance. The epic love story had pulled my emotions in every which way. The comedy, drama, betrayal, and overall "rawness" of the story had me hooked. So I wasn't surprised that Collide did the exact same thing. Shelly Crane, you are amazing! How do you possibly combine such amazing characters with such amazing stories. This book takes a heartwarming and steamy love story with a brilliant plot that was enduring and subtle at the same time. 

The protagonist; Sherry, was wonderful. Her lack of physical "toughness" was balances with her wonderful spirit. She was a natural leader (I saw) that held everyone together. I was actually VERY surprised when I found out she was infertile, and it broke my heart from Sherry and Merrick's reaction to Sky. 
Speaking of Merrick..... Oh. My. God. One of the best crushes ever. I love how he was very cautious with Sherry while still trying to deal with these new human "desires". He was also a great leader, and he worked very well with Jeff (whom I also loved!). I can't decide who is better: Merrick or Caleb!?

The actual story plot was written very nicely, and had a perfect pace considering there are four books in the series. The Keepers and the Specials vs. the Lighters and the Markers, with the humans so susceptible to the Lighters was really cool. Also,the underground bunker thing is totally awesome. 
Overall, can't wait to read the next one!!
-M
P.S. Sorry I didn't talk more about the plot, the characters are just so awesome!

5 out of 5 stars







No comments:

Post a Comment