Monday, December 31, 2012

One Last Significance Post.....Maybe

A Really Great Idea I Had. Randomly.


So in honor of the new Significance movie coming out I figured that I would do something in honor of the movie's success over the past few months. I was listening to a few songs that reminded me of the tone and story of Significance, so I figured I'd put together a playlist for the series. I know that people's tastes in music vary, and I just wanted to give my take on what the novels sound like.You are free to disagree with me, and maybe even give your suggestions on different songs. It would be really cool to know what songs represent different books you've read!
No particular order.

Significance Series Playlist:


#1: Love is Easy - McFly (cover by Vamps & Carrie Hope Fletcher)
   
I chose this song because it's such a sweet song and reminds me of Maggie and Caleb's relationship. Unfortunately the original song is only available in the UK iTunes store. :'-(

#2: In My Life/A Heart Full of Love - Les Miserables (2012)
 
Replace Eponine with Kyle, Marius with Maggie, and Cosette with Caleb and vuala!

3#: August - Anuna  
 
I know this is a choral song, but I just love Michael McGlynn's voice, and it reminds me of Caleb for some reason.

#4: Come What May - Moulin Rouge
 
Could it be the perfect ballad? Possibly.

#5: I Know You Care - Ellie Goulding

For Bish and Jen

#6: Lolita - Lana Del Rey

      In honor of Caleb's motorcycle.
#7: Right Round - The Treblemakers ft. My Name Is Kay (Pitch Perfect)

Let's throw in some fun songs! Club scene.

#8: Rules - Jayme Dee

The Watsons.

#9: Sleep - Eric Whitacre

A lullaby for Rodney II.

#10: Something in the Water - Brooke Fraiser

Another fun, uplifting song for Maggie and Caleb.

#11: Speeches - Walk off the Earth

Imprinting.

#12: Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall

Pretty obvious this is imprinting, but mostly for Kyle and Lynne. 

#13: Summer Vibe - Walk off the Earth

Accordance song. :-)

#14: The Very Thought of You - Billie Holiday

Dear Shelly Crane, every book that you write this song applies!! Loved it ever since Collide.

#15: Titanium - Acoustic cover by Collin McLoughlin

For Maggie Masters.


Here are some songs that have honorable mention, but I could't put them on the list:


Without You - Lana Del Rey
It’s Time - Imagine Dragons
Life Happens - Brandon
Body Electric - Lana Del Rey (Marla for versus, Maggie and Caleb chorus: guess what I'm talking about Shelly Crane)


Make sure to tell me what you guys thought. Should I do this for every book? Just on request? One song per book? You hated it!? Just comment down below!

-M







No comments:

Post a Comment