Sunday, March 17, 2013

Review: Every Day by David Levithan

Every Day by David Levithan


"Every day a different body. Every day a different life. 
Every day in love with the same girl.

There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. 
A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: 
Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.

It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and 
meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which
A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he 
wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day."


Thoughts:


Sometimes "on a whim" is a good thing......

I had never read a David Levithan book before. I read Will Grayson, Will Grayson which he co-wrote with John Green and I liked it. I didn't really notice the difference in writing between them until I read this book.
John Green is a very funny and, well the only way I can explain it is like a large Russian man giving a moving speech kind of writer. David Levithan is different in that he adds some comedy, but this book (compared to John Green's books) is like a ballet dancer, or a fancy font on Word. This book was graceful, but had strong and tough parts that at some times were hard to comprehend and made me really think. 

I think that the characters had real-life problems (besides the fiction aspect)that were easily relateable. The emotion was as clear as glass and at times cold as ice. I loved how this book took me from laughing, to gasping, to blushing, to smiling, and to coming to the verge of tears. 
I think the author wrote the book in such a way that there were a few prominent themes, but there were some that you had to find and reflect on your own.

5 out of 5 stars

-M

P.S. Dat cover.

Check out Every Day on Goodreads here.

Side Note: Shelly crane is having an awesome Siginficance swag giveaway!!! Check it out!!





No comments:

Post a Comment